Posts tagged self improvement
Posts tagged self improvement
1. Be grateful for what you have. Too often we think about what we don’t have, or how we’ve been hurt, or what’s gone wrong. But there are even more things to be thankful for.
2. Believe you have what it takes to succeed. Don’t give up on yourself when you do something stupid or you meet some obstacle that interrupts your plans. You’re still in control of your destiny.
3. Write your negative thoughts down on a piece of paper then tear it into pieces or burn the list. Now, write a long list of personal affirmations and decide to read through this several times a day.
4. Recognise and avoid all the negative people who’ll wear you down or knock you off your path. Often whiners and complainers are never going to change – so minimize the time you spend with them.
5. Identify and hang out with positive people who see life as a gift to be treasured and enjoyed. These are the people who see the good in others, and offer encouragement to everyone they meet.
1. We often feel apathetic when we’ve picked the wrong goals or when have no goals, or direction for our life. So, look at what inspires you, or makes you feel alive.
2. Stop listening to others, and their views on success. Success really is doing what’s important to YOU.
3. Try to think of some small action that will improve how you feel – and just do one small thing, and note how good it makes you feel!
4. Look for someone who could function as a role model for you – who didn’t have advantages but made something of life. If they can do it – it means that you can, too!
5. Visualise how great you’ll feel if you keep persevering, and get what matters to you, and have an awesome life!
1. Decide to let go of worry and “what ifs”
2. Work on developing your self-confidence
3. Forgive yourself, and others, and let go of grievances
4. Be open and warm in your relationships
5. Don’t compare yourself with other people
6. Define own success
7. Be optimistic, and keep on persevering.
1. See the good in your past. There will always be things that we wish had never happened; there will always be bad memories and things that we regret. But they are part of who you are – so accept that they have happened and celebrate the person they’ve allowed you to become.
2. Invest time in the things that bring you happiness. It’s important to identify the things that you enjoy, and that make you come alive, and are all a part of “you”. Spending time on those things will help to raise your self-esteem, as you’re valuing yourself when you pursue happiness.
3. Forgive yourself for your mistakes. We all make mistakes - and when we think of them we cringe. But that doesn’t make you any worse than other people. Just try and learn what you can, and then move on with your life.
4. Stop criticising yourself. So often we’re really our own worst enemy. We look for our flaws, and we put ourselves down – instead of being understanding of our own limitations. It’s time to change that behaviour – so start loving yourself.
5. Listen to your instincts and intuitions. If you want to love yourself, you must listen to yourself. Pay attention to those instincts and your instant gut reaction – and trust that you are right when you hear that inner voice.
6. Appreciate your life. Of course there are things that you wish that you could change. But some things are good, and are worth appreciating. So, focus on, appreciate, and make lots of your strengths.