Posts tagged self esteem
Posts tagged self esteem
1. Focus on your positive qualities. It’s true that we can all improve in some ways – but start by finding your good qualities – and recognise that these are a major part of who you are.
2. Be aware of, and fight against, your negative self-talk. Negative self talk can quickly snowball and become an angry tirade against yourself – so you become your own worst critic and your own worst enemy. Instead, choose to respect yourself, to love, affirm and believe in yourself.
3. Don’t dwell on things you know you cannot change. We all have imperfections, weaknesses and flaws. They’re really not that crucial, and they’re not that big a deal. Try to keep them in perspective – and change what you CAN change.
4. Make your own decisions – don’t always look to others, and think that they know better … But choose to trust yourself.
6. Always try to do your best – as that’s all that is required. You’re a normal human being who’ll sometimes get it wrong. When you do, just forgive youself, then get up and move on.
1. Believe you can make progress, and start to overcome it. That is the first, and the most important, step.
2. Think about a time when you took a chance, and pushed through your fear, and it worked out well. Remember that feeling – it can happen again.
3. Look for a role model - someone you relate to - who managed to overcome their insecurities. Let them inspire you and learn from their success.
4. Let go of the past, and whatever holds you back. Just focus on this moment, and taking one step now.
5. Stop resisting change – let whatever happens happen. You may discover that it works out even better than you’d thought.
6. Let the stress fall away and allow peace to flood your mind. As you learn to relax you’ll start to feel more confident.
1. Stop discounting your successes - start affirming them instead. Don’t say “Oh, it’s nothing” or “Everyone could do that”. Treat, and talk to, yourself as you would a good friend.
2. Develop a positive attitude, and choose to get your mind off the negatives. For example, write down three things that went well each day, and three separate things that you are thankful for.
3. Work on your appearance; make an effort to look good. That doesn’t always have to cost the earth – and you’ll feel much happier and more confident.
4. Don’t be a doormat – or just follow the crowd. Think about your needs and what YOU want from life.
5. Be willing to take risks. If you don’t take a risk then nothing’s going to change – and you’ll be stuck in a rut going nowhere in life.