Posts tagged purpose
Posts tagged purpose
1. Begin by imagining your dreams have come true. What would your life look like? What would you be doing? How would you be making money? Where would you be living? What would you be doing in your spare time? What sorts of people would you be with?
2. Try reading some inspirational blogs, autobiographies or self help books. Often those help to uncover our passions, and the kind of person we really want to be.
3. Surround yourself with positive and motivated people … Those who know what they want and are consciously going after it.
4. Take up a hobby that really interests you. There’s usually a reason that we’re drawn to that.
5. Ask other people who know you well, what they think would suit your personality. You’ll often be surprised by the kinds of things you learn.
6. Decide to “face your fears and do it anyway”. Don’t live a narrow life because you’re plagued by fear.
1. First, figure out what matters most to you.
2. Have the courage to live that life, no matter how hard it is, and no matter how much others mock or criticise you because of it.
3. Don’t look to others for affirmation and approval. You need to be true to yourself, and not to others.
4. Discover what you’re really passionate about. What makes you lose all sense of time, and leaves you feeling relaxed and fulfilled?
5. Be willing to experiment with other interests, too. We’re usually interested in lots of different things, and that brings balance to our personality.
6. Respect and listen to that quiet inner voice. That will redirect you if you start to veer off course.
7. Pursue excellence in everything you do. Work hard, acquire knowledge, and develop your skills.
8. Invest your knowledge and abilities in making a real difference in the lives of other people.
9. Make friends with failure – it’s a crucial part of growth. It means that you are trying, and not wasting your life.
10. Build strong and lasting relationships. Little else will matter if you end up all alone.
1. Take time to ponder the important questions like: “What really matters most of all in life; what do I want to have achieved in the end; how do I want to feel when I look back, and review the kind of life that I have lived?”
2. Make time for solitude and silence. Filling every minute makes it hard to listen to our intuition, or that inner guiding voice.
3. Seek out people who inspire you to live well – and then consciously learn what you can from them.
4. Consciously monitor your progress. It is easy to slip back into unproductive habits. Hence, we need to be committed to sticking to our plan. If it helps, be accountsble to a friend, or at least write down your goals so you can check how you’re progressing.
5. Accept that struggles, disappointments and setbacks will always be part of your experience. There will be times when you are tempted to give up and stop trying … but choosing to keep going will lead you to your dreams.
1. It adds meaning to your life, and brings satisfaction and fulfilment
2. It helps to focus your energy - so you’re not just aimlessly wandering around
3. It gives direction to your life – so that you can plan, and work towards some concrete goals
4. It creates a sense of expectancy, enthusiasm and passion
5. It releases you from things that don’t really matter, and from people and relationships that drain you drive
6. Ultimately, it leads to success so you don’t look back with disappointment and regret.
To live a life that is rich and meaningful, take time to think through the following questions:
1. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what one thing would want to do or have?
2. If you had unlimited time, money and resources what would you like to do with your life?
3. What have you always dreamed of having, doing or being?
4. What would you like to achieve in life?
5. Which cities, countries or places would you like to visit?
6. What experiences do you want to have?
7. What activities would you like to try?
8. What skills would you like to develop?
9. What is the most important thing you could ever do?
10. What do you want people you love to know?
11. Is there any specific person you would like to meet?
12. How would you like people to remember you when you die?