Posts tagged motivation
Posts tagged motivation
1. You only have this moment so live in the “now”.
2. Life is over quickly so fight for what matters – your values and beliefs … hopes and dreams … and those you love.
3. If you make the sacrifice, you will reap the benefits.
4. Procrastination keeps you tied to yesterday. For what you do today will determine your tomorrow.
5. See failure as lesson, and a bridge to success. We all fail at times – it’s the way we grow and learn.
6. The most important relationship you have in this the life is the relationship that you have with yourself. So value, affirm and believe in yourself.
7. What we do – not what we say – reveals our true character.
8. Remember to be kind for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
1. Your time is the best gift you can give. – In your relationships with others, nothing you can give is more appreciated than your sincere, focused attention. So don’t listen with an agenda or the intent to reply. Hear what is being said with the intent to truly understand.
2. You have the power to make a big difference. – Everyone in life wants to be loved and accepted. Your greatest achievements in life will be the direct result of finding this love and acceptance within yourself, and radiating it out to those around you.
3. What makes us different is what makes us special. – Don’t be too quick to judge others or bully them for being different. And don’t put up with those who call you “a friend” and then judge and bully you. Let go of the need to prove yourself to everyone else, and you’ll free yourself to accomplish what matters most to you.
4. Love is meant to be shared. – So many people save their ‘loving.’ They consciously avoid putting their heart into their relationships, surrendering, opening up, and sharing, because they want to save it all for the right people (best friends, lovers, etc.) But the problem is when the right people come along they don’t realize it, they don’t know how to open up, and they don’t know anything about the act of loving.
5. You have to love yourself too. – The best thing you can do to improve the quality of your relationships is to work on loving and healing yourself.
6. Praise and recognition matters. – Give genuine praise. This is an investment in them that doesn’t cost you a thing, and the returns can be amazing. Be sure to follow this rule: “Praise in public, penalize in private.”
7. Small gestures of kindness go a long way. – It seems like such a small thing, but in our busy lives we often forget that a kind word, a helping hand, or just a smile and a quick “thank you” can create a bright spot in another person’s life.
8. Without honesty there is no friendship. – Honesty is the first chapter in the book of all wisdom. Honesty is the only path forward. It’s always better to tell people the truth up front. So don’t play games with people’s heads and hearts. Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile.
9. Loyalty means the world. – True love and real friendship aren’t about being inseparable. These relationships are about two people being true to each other even when they are separated. When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option, but an obligation.
10. Reaching out and staying in touch is important. – Stay in touch with those who matter to you because they’re worth the extra effort. Remember, you don’t need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of. Paying attention to these people is always a priority.
Source: http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/11/16/10-things-your-friends-wish-you-knew/ (abridged)
1. You’re alive.
2. You have a roof over your head, food to eat and clothes to wear.
3. You have access to basic education, and are able to read and write.
4. You have choices, and the freedom to make your own decisions (about what to eat, what to wear, where to live, the kind of career you would like to pursue etc.)
5. You are not being persecuted for your beliefs, and you live in a country that respects your human rights.
6. You have faced and overcome some huge obstacles.
7. You have experienced the warmth and the love of friends.
8. There are people in your life who miss you, and look forward to seeing you again.
9. You can enjoy gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.
1o. You have access to the internet!