Posts tagged happiness
Posts tagged happiness
1. Be generous with your smiles
2. Listen attentively when people talk to you.
3. Be warm and friendly. If you don’t know the people in the group, be the first one to introduce yourself.
4. Pay others compliments (make sure they are genuine – and not fake).
5. Be considerate and polite to both friends and strangers.
6. If you’re going to a party or social event, offer to be the designated driver.
7. Turn up on time (or arrive a few minutes early).
8. Overlook minor mistakes.
9. Never shame or embarrass others.
10. Give people the benefit of the doubt. If uncertain, think the best, not the worst of others.
1. Try to always be positive, affirming and encouraging.
2. Be willing to help others.
3. Notice the little things that make a difference to others – and do them.
4. Don’t hold grudges – forgive and move on. Accept we all make mistakes at times.
5. Be patient and understanding.
6. Be generous, large hearted and happy to share.
7. Be willing to put yourself out for others. Share your time and your abilities with them.
8. Be genuinely interested in other peoples’ lives.
9. Be polite, respectful and pleasant.
10. Treat other people in the same way as you’d like them to treat you.
1. Send them an encouraging text or message.
2. Give them some home-baked cookies or some beautifully packaged chocolates.
3. Send them a card, or leave a handwritten note on their desk.
4. Offer to do something for them, or to help them with something they are struggling with.
5. Pay them a (genuine) compliment.
6. Thank or praise them in front of others.
7. Notice, and comment on, their effort and hard work.
8. Offer to pay - instead splitting the bill.
9. Show up to something they’re participating in (a sport, musical performance etc)
10. Be upbeat, positive, and try to make them smile.
1. I accept that I’m not perfect, and there’s no perfect time – Too many people are hanging around and waiting for the perfect opportunity – or the time when they are perfect and have all the skills they need. But life rewards effort; so get out there and work hard … and eventually you’ll find that you succeed and reach your goals.
2. I can’t please everyone no matter how hard I try – No matter what you do or how hard you try there will always be someone who’s disgruntled or upset. So, don’t look for affirmation; just do what you think’s right.
3. I will participate in something I believe in – It doesn’t really matter what activity you choose, as long as it is something that ignites your passion … as this will bring fulfilment and true meaning to your life.
4. I will learn to prioritise and do what matters first – We all get distracted by what seems to be most urgent … or something that is fun and makes life less of a burden. But if you’re going to succeed you need to set priorities. Don’t allow what’s less important to distract you from your course.
5. I will be select when it comes to choosing friends – We’re influenced and shaped by the people we spend time with. Their impact is profound – even though this is subconscious. So be wise in who you choose to be your confidantes and friends. Surround yourself with people who inspire and motivate you.
6. I will be there for others, and will help them if I can – In life, we reap what we sow – and that’s a crucial principle. That means the more that you help others, the more they will help you.
7. I will choose to focus on the positives – Our thoughts affect our feelings and the ways that we behave. If you don’t expect success then it’s likely you will fail – in your work, relationships and life in general. So listen to your self talk … and straighten out your thinking … and start to focus on the positives!
8. I will true to myself – You can’t be happy living someone else’s life. You need to discover and develop your own authentic self.That’s when you’re truly beautiful, and life feels meaningful.
9. I will live in the present and enjoy the “now” – The past is gone and the future isn’t promised. Life is happening in this moment, so cease the day and enjoy “now”.
10. I will look for the good and be thankful for each day – Life is full of gifts, if we will only stop and notice. If we choose to be thankful, and treasure all life’s gifts, then we’ll find our lives are filled with joy and happiness – and the hurts and disappointments won’t weigh us down as much.
1. Give up your need to always be right.
2. Give up your need for control.
3. Give up blame.
4. Give up your self-defeating self-talk, and your limiting beliefs.
5. Give up complaining.
6. Give up your need to impress others.
7. Give up your resistance to change.
8. Give up your fears.
9. Give up your excuses.
10. Give up on living your life to fit other peoples’ expectations.
1. Think Gratitude. A grateful mindset exerts a powerful influence on your outlook. Not only does it make you feel good in the moment, it also shifts your focus in a positive direction.
2. Choose Happiness. Being happy is not about circumstances or any other outside force.It`s a conscious decision we make.
3. Substitute Challenges for Problems. Subconsciously, the word problem says, “Life is not as it should be.” This causes our energy to be funneled toward repairing something that’s gone wrong. On the other hand, the word challenge sends no such message
4. View Life as a Journey. A journey is an adventure of discovery. When we are on a journey we don’t fear change, we welcome it.
5. Stop and Smell the Roses. When you constantly feel rushed and scattered, it can be difficult to maintain an optimistic outlook. Focusing on simple pleasures can help restore a sense of balance to your life.
6. Begin Your Day On a Positive Note. Find a few minutes each morning to clear your mind and then think positive thoughts about the upcoming day. Focus on the people and events that bring you joy or a sense of satisfaction.
7. Act Out Happy. You can use words and body language to program your nervous system. When you make a conscious effort to walk the walk and talk the talk, your feelings will soon follow.
Source: http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/11-steps-to-a-more-positive-you/ (Abridged)
1. Remember that friendship is a gift, not a possession.
2. Do “first things first”. (Generally that means doing the most important task first thing in the morning.)
3. Smile, especially when you’re with other people. (Remember that everyone is fighting a hard battle).
4. Include extra time, or margin, in your schedule.
5. QTIP (or quit taking it personally.)
6. Treasure people and experiences over possessions.
7. Do what’s important and say “no” to the rest.
8. Accept that constant change is here to stay!
9. Remember that nothing is usually as serious as it seems at first.
10. Do something relaxing before going to bed.
1. Remind yourself that, in time, things will change and we all get bogged down at different periods in life.
2. Try to make sure that you do some exercise – as that brightens our mood and boosts our mental energy.
3. Be aware of the tendency to isolate yourself. Being around other people can give you more support, and can help you to keep going when you feel like giving up.
4. Try changing your routine. Just changing a few things can help you feel more in control, and less at the whim of external circumstances.
5. Set some small goals for yourself and take some steps to make them happen – again, you’ll feel less trapped as you will feel that you have options.
6. Make sure you treat yourself well so you know that you have value … Buy some clothes … or take time out … or do whatever makes you happy.
7. Pay attention to your thoughts, and keep your mind on what inspires you. Look for hope – create some vision – and remember: things WILL change!