Posts tagged happiness
Posts tagged happiness
1. Decide to let go of worry and “what ifs”
2. Work on developing your self-confidence
3. Forgive yourself, and others, and let go of grievances
4. Be open and warm in your relationships
5. Don’t compare yourself with other people
6. Define own success
7. Be optimistic, and keep on persevering.
To live by choice and not by chance
To make changes and not excuses
To be motivated and not manipulated
To be useful and not used
To excel and not compete
To listen to my inner voice, and not the random opinions of others.
1. Be proactive and go for what you want.
2. Go for novelty and try something new.
3. Cut yourself, and other people, some slack.
4. Look for, and think about, the good in other people.
5. Opt for kindness and tenderness.
6. Be spontaneous, and please yourself sometimes.
7. Make time to relax – to laugh, and have some fun.
1. Experiment to see what makes you happy.
2. Hang out with people who are happy and upbeat – as other people affect the way we feel.
3. Make a list of your blessings – don’t focus on “what’s wrong”.
4. Cultivate an attitude of thankfulness. Add to your list several times a day.
5. Focus on solutions instead of on your problems.
6. Make time to connect with the people you love.
7. Accept the way that you and others are. Growth and change don’t happen instantly.
8. Take time to enjoy the moment. Savour what you can from the small things in life – a sunrise, a rainbow, or a giggling child.
9. Remind yourself often that “this, too, will pass”. Hard times and trials are only temporary.
10. Follow your passions –as they reflect who you are – and are a natural source of fulfillment and joy.
11. Engage in random acts of kindness.
12. Try to smile and laugh and often as you can.
1. “I love you”
2. “I’ll be here if you need me”
3. “Me too”
4. “I’m sorry”
5. “It was my fault”
6. “Forget it. It’s no big deal”
Many people feel they don’t deserve to be happy. If that is you then think about the following, too:
1. Feelings are unreliable. Don’t trust them when they tell you “happiness is not for you.”
2. You’re absolutely worth it – no matter what you think! You are valuable, significant, and special and unique
3. Our thoughts about ourselves are often based on other’s comments – and often their beliefs reflect their insecurities. Don’t let your worth and value be determined by another.
4. You are meant for more than struggle, and always trying hard, or feeling like a failure, and hating who you are.
5. We all make mistakes, mess things up, and get things wrong. You’re just a normal person – with strengths and good points too!!!
6. When we compare ourselves to others we’re usually being unfair. They may not have our struggles, or have faced what we have faced.
7. You only have one life to live … so choose to let go of what’s bad …. And focus on what’s good, and brings you joy and happiness.
Why are some people so successful in life? What is the secret behind their success? Research indicates that there are ten common traits that appear to contribute to a person’s success:
1. Pay attention to your thoughts as they determine your future: Always be positive and develop a “can do” mind set. Steer clear of negative people who would seek to undermine your commitment to your goals. Focus on success, and not on failure.
2. Be concrete and specific when you dream and set goals: Write down the steps that will lead you there, then track your progress and make changes if needed.
3. Take action: Goals are just words until you actually do something. Every day take a step that moves you in the right direction.
4. Be a life-long learner: Get more training, take a class and acquire news skills. Keep reading widely to expand your knowledge base.
5. Be tenacious, persistent and don’t give up:Hard work is behind every winner’s success.
6. Process the facts and the details:Get information and feedback. Notice what works and what doesn’t.
7. Stay focused: Don’t be distracted by people or things. Prioritise your time and stay focused on your goals.
8. Be innovative and creative: Following the crowd doesn’t take you very far. Don’t be afraid to try something new and give yourself permission to think outside the box.
9. Develop and practise good people skills: To be effective, we need to learn what motivates and brings the best out of others. Also, we need to deal with people in a way that is respectful, open, firm and fair.
10. Be responsible, reliable and dependable: Your word must be your bond, you must do what you say,and follow through on your commitments to others. If this block is not in place, then nothing else will matter!