Posts tagged happiness
Posts tagged happiness
1. Be proactive and go for what you want.
2. Go for novelty and try something new.
3. Cut yourself, and other people, some slack.
4. Look for, and think about, the good in other people.
5. Opt for kindness and tenderness.
6. Be spontaneous, and please yourself sometimes.
7. Make time to relax – to laugh, and have some fun.
1. Experiment to see what makes you happy.
2. Hang out with people who are happy and upbeat – as other people affect the way we feel.
3. Make a list of your blessings – don’t focus on “what’s wrong”.
4. Cultivate an attitude of thankfulness. Add to your list several times a day.
5. Focus on solutions instead of on your problems.
6. Make time to connect with the people you love.
7. Accept the way that you and others are. Growth and change don’t happen instantly.
8. Take time to enjoy the moment. Savour what you can from the small things in life – a sunrise, a rainbow, or a giggling child.
9. Remind yourself often that “this, too, will pass”. Hard times and trials are only temporary.
10. Follow your passions –as they reflect who you are – and are a natural source of fulfillment and joy.
11. Engage in random acts of kindness.
12. Try to smile and laugh and often as you can.
1. “I love you”
2. “I’ll be here if you need me”
3. “Me too”
4. “I’m sorry”
5. “It was my fault”
6. “Forget it. It’s no big deal”
Many people feel they don’t deserve to be happy. If that is you then think about the following, too:
1. Feelings are unreliable. Don’t trust them when they tell you “happiness is not for you.”
2. You’re absolutely worth it – no matter what you think! You are valuable, significant, and special and unique
3. Our thoughts about ourselves are often based on other’s comments – and often their beliefs reflect their insecurities. Don’t let your worth and value be determined by another.
4. You are meant for more than struggle, and always trying hard, or feeling like a failure, and hating who you are.
5. We all make mistakes, mess things up, and get things wrong. You’re just a normal person – with strengths and good points too!!!
6. When we compare ourselves to others we’re usually being unfair. They may not have our struggles, or have faced what we have faced.
7. You only have one life to live … so choose to let go of what’s bad …. And focus on what’s good, and brings you joy and happiness.
Why are some people so successful in life? What is the secret behind their success? Research indicates that there are ten common traits that appear to contribute to a person’s success:
1. Pay attention to your thoughts as they determine your future: Always be positive and develop a “can do” mind set. Steer clear of negative people who would seek to undermine your commitment to your goals. Focus on success, and not on failure.
2. Be concrete and specific when you dream and set goals: Write down the steps that will lead you there, then track your progress and make changes if needed.
3. Take action: Goals are just words until you actually do something. Every day take a step that moves you in the right direction.
4. Be a life-long learner: Get more training, take a class and acquire news skills. Keep reading widely to expand your knowledge base.
5. Be tenacious, persistent and don’t give up:Hard work is behind every winner’s success.
6. Process the facts and the details:Get information and feedback. Notice what works and what doesn’t.
7. Stay focused: Don’t be distracted by people or things. Prioritise your time and stay focused on your goals.
8. Be innovative and creative: Following the crowd doesn’t take you very far. Don’t be afraid to try something new and give yourself permission to think outside the box.
9. Develop and practise good people skills: To be effective, we need to learn what motivates and brings the best out of others. Also, we need to deal with people in a way that is respectful, open, firm and fair.
10. Be responsible, reliable and dependable: Your word must be your bond, you must do what you say,and follow through on your commitments to others. If this block is not in place, then nothing else will matter!
1. I need to affirm and to validate myself as it’s hard to accept validation from others if, deep down inside, I don’t believe it’s true.
2. My time is valuable as anybody else’s so I need to prioritise what I need to do.
3. I can’t give to others, and help to build them up, if I’m not taking care of my own self first.
4. I need to remember that I’m worthy of love, of success, opportunities, and knowing happiness.
5. My opinions are as valuable as anybody else’s. It’s up to me to decide and to choose my own beliefs.
6. I don’t have to explain why I do what I do (unless you’re the police or have some authority!)
7. My past does not define me - I’m free to change and grow, to try on different “me”s, and to set inspiring goals.
1. You may have been shaped by what happened to you – but you have the power to change your life script.
2. You are one who controls your thought patterns; you can decide what you meditate upon.
3. Let go of the small and stupid stuff in life. Don’t let it clog your mind up – think about the things that count.
4. Notice all the blessings that come across your path, and take a moment to be thankful for little kindnesses.
5. Believe in yourself – ignore what other people think. You have what it takes to do something with your life.
6. Forgive yourself for all those things that you regret today. And choose to let them go – and focus on being different now.
7. Be the kind of individual who builds up other people, and makes them feel they’re special, and valuable, and loved.