Posts tagged goals
Posts tagged goals
1. Choose to act, or to do what you should you. Don’t wait until you feel that you are in the right mood.
2. Decide to keep on going, and to finish what you’ve started. Don’t allow yourself to give up when you’re only part way through.
3. Be honest with yourself and call yourself on the excuses. They’re often just a cover for not wanting to do something.
4. Plan ahead and break large goals down into smaller, short-term goals – and put these on a calendar, and tick them off each day.
5. Remind yourself how great you’ll feel when later you’ve achieved and reached the goals you set yourself, and have that better life.
6. Also, separate what is important and matters down the road, from what is temporary – or seems worthwhile right now.
7. Try not to be distracted by the things that eat up time - like gaming, watching movies or just hanging out with friends.
8. Hang out with other people who have self-discipline, and understand the value of working hard right now.
4. Creative thinking
5. Being thick skinned
6. Knowing who you are and what you want from life
7. Setting clear goals – and going after them
8. Being focused
10. Passion and enthusiasm.
1. Remind yourself that everyone makes mistakes, does things wrongs, and has moments of regret. There are no perfect people out there. In that sense, you are just the same as everybody else.
2. Remind yourself that “that was then, and this is now”. You can’t turn back the clocks and change what you did, but you can be a different person in the future.
3. Allow yourself to experience and name the feelings you are struggling with (regret, guilt, shame, disappointment, embarrassment, sadness, etc.) – then make the decision to let those feelings go. In the end, it’s unhealthy to become attached to them.
4. Ask yourself what you can learn from the situation. What would you do differently if you found yourself in that situation again? How can it change the person you are now (so that you feel better about yourself)?
5. Recognise that failings and mistakes are part of the growth process. It’s inevitable that you’ll encounter obstacles, challenges and failures throughout life. Don’t let that stop you from really living life.
6. Remind yourself that “it was what you did, it’s not who you are.” Don’t allow any single event or experience to define you. You are more than – so don’t let that become your identity, or your destiny.
7. Give yourself the gift of a new day and a new start. Forgive yourself, let go of the past, and with confidence move on with your life.