1. Send them an encouraging text or message.
2. Give them some home-baked cookies or some beautifully packaged chocolates.
3. Send them a card, or leave a handwritten note on their desk.
4. Offer to do something for them, or to help them with something they are struggling with.
5. Pay them a (genuine) compliment.
6. Thank or praise them in front of others.
7. Notice, and comment on, their effort and hard work.
8. Offer to pay - instead splitting the bill.
9. Show up to something they’re participating in (a sport, musical performance etc)
10. Be upbeat, positive, and try to make them smile.