1. Know what matters to you, personally – what you stand for, and what your values are .
2. Don’t be anxious about breaking social norms. The more often you do this, the less it bothers you.
3. Decide not to live as a people pleaser, or to get upset and take rejection personally.
4. Hang out with people who are self confident, who know what they believe in, and what they want from life. You’ll find that their self-confidence will rub off on you, too.
5. Try and work on becoming more competent in the skills and areas that matter to you. That will naturally enhance your self confidence, and develop a self image that is strong and positive.
6. Travel, and spend time with different kinds of people. That will show you how diverse attitudes and outlooks are. That is, there’s no one way of being – so find, and be, yourself.