When it comes to unhappy relationships, sometimes it is better just to turn and walk away. But how do you know when it’s time to call it quits?
1. When trust has been broken so many times that it’s not really wise to give your trust again.
2. Remember that actions speak louder than words … Do they show that they love you, and want and value you? If their actions are at odds with the kinds of things that they say, take your cues from their actions, instead of from their words.
3. When they’re knowingly hurtful, disrespectful or neglectful that tells you a lot about that person’s character. You deserve to be treated with kindness and respect. Don’t put up with being treated like you don’t matter at all.
4. Do you find that you excuse them to others, or yourself? What if you really told the truth … would it reflect well on them, then?
5. Do they turn things around so that everything’s your fault? If they do, they don’t respect you and their blind to their own flaws.
6. Is your self esteem lowered after spending time with them? When we feel affirmed and valued then it boosts our self esteem. You need to spend time with people who will love and build you up.