1. Admit that multitasking makes you less effective – and don’t do it if the work is important.
2. Know when you work best – and schedule studying, assignments and projects for that part of the day.
3. Do the most important tasks first. For example, if a project is worth a large proportion of your grade, then prioritise the time you spend on that (whether you like the subject or not.)
4. Check email, facebook, messages, texts etc at set times of the day. Don’t look at them at other times.
5. Know what works as a reward for you, and reward yourself with that when you complete a task. (But don’t cheat and reward yourself until the task is done!)
6. Have an organised to-do list, and work through it, item by item.
7. Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked by friends, or unexpected distractions and opportunities.
8. Schedule in some leisure as you can’t work all the time.