1. Get into the habit of being an early riser. We can all benefit from having a little bit of extra time in the morning. It reduces stress, helps to prevent you from forgetting things, and stops that crazy morning rush.
2. Deliberately decide to tune out distractions. Turn off the TV, social media, your phone, and hide away when you need to get work done.
3. Prepare for the next day the night before. Check off your mental to-do list and prepare for the next day before you go to bed. If possible, choose your clothes, find your books, pack your bag, and so on.
4. Prioritise being organized. For example, it often helps to use an agenda to stay on track with assignments and homework.
5. Go to bed at a reasonable time. A good night’s sleep is one of the best tips for learning, remembering and doing well at school.
6. Make reading one of your hobbies. Research indicates that reading is one of the best ways for developing language skills and building a strong vocabulary.
7. Eat well. A protein breakfast and balanced meals help sustain your energy throughout the day, and is essential for building a healthy brain.
8. Get fresh air and exercise. This helps with mental alertness, concentration, an efficient memory and a positive mood.