1. Shared common values
2. Equality (that is, you both put the same amount into the relationship, and both benefit equally from the friendship)
3. Sharing common interests and activities.
4. Sharing common struggles; having gone through things together
5. Trust, honesty, respect, loyalty, and dependability
6. Being committed to each other’s happiness and personal growth
7. Respecting each other’s principles; someone who never asks you to compromise, or go against, your values
8. Someone you can laugh and have fun with
9. Someone who believes in you “no matter what”
10. Someone who’s a good influence on you, and inspires you to be your best.