Research indicates that winners and losers are largely defined, and determined, by their thinking and attitude to life. Check out the list below and see which side you think you’re on.
1. Take responsibility for their life
2. Focus on solutions
3. View crises as opportunities
4. Appreciate the present, learn from the past, imagine possibilities and set goals for the future
5. Take control of their future; don’t just blindly follow the crowd, or do what others want them to do
6. Face their fears and expand their comfort zone
7. Are givers not takers
8. Listen to others, and weigh what they have to say
9. Look for opportunities to learn (attend seminars, read books etc); find like minded people who can help them get ahead
10. Helps others who need help; help others to win.
1. Adopt a victim stance; blame others for their problems, or when things go wrong
2. Focus on their problems; whine, complain and stay stuck
3. Are fearful when faced when faced with opportunities – and cling to the familiar and known
4. Are always harping back to the past; never take the initiative or try to imagine a better future
5. Don’t know what they want in life; just follow the crowd instead of thinking for themselves
6. Don’t take risks; are afraid of failure; and retreat into their comfort zone
7. Are takers not givers
8. Are quick to speak and to voice their own opinion – and are not interested in others’ points of view
9. Consider themselves experts
10. Are only interested in what will benefit them.