1. Step out of denial and admit to yourself that you are in a toxic relationship.
2. Journal your emotions so you have a record of when things are really bad (as we pretend to ourselves that things are fine when our freind or partner is treating us well).
3. Look for what you’re getting from the relationship. Are you putting up with meanness or abuse as you think it’s better than being on your own? Then, look to have your needs met in healthier ways.
4. Hang out with people who are positive, and who treat you with the kindness and respect you deserve. Doing that will help you to recognise your worth, and to see your frind or partner for who they are (That is, a toxic individual who is ruining your life).
5. Reward yourself for being strong enough to stand up for your right to be treated properly.
6. Get help for the feelings that come with the pain, or the shame, of being treated like you’re insignificant, worthless, or deserving of less than other people.