Love can be successful the next time around by paying attention to the following:
1. Let go of old grudges and grievances. If you carry old baggage from the past into your new relationship, they will likely cause problems and contaminate your love.
2. Think about what did work in your previous relationship. There were things that worked well – not everything was bad. So think about the attitudes, actions and words that brought your love to life, and added magic and spice.
3. Focus on keeping the communication lines open. Communicating well must be a top priority. You need to talk and listen so the problems get ironed out, and minor irritations don’t turn into volcanoes.
4. We tend to fall into old patterns and predictable routines. So make sure that things are different from the way they were last time. It takes commitment, time and effort to really make a change.
5. Make sure you treat each other with kindness and respect. It’s hard to trust in love if you’re always being attacked, or your partner’s lacking empathy, or doesn’t seem to care.
6. Relax. Try not to always worry about something going wrong. Enjoy the present moment – and what you have right now. Tomorrow, and the future, are outside of your control.