1. Be willing to fail more often - as that means you’re taking on more challenges, and being prepared to try, learn and grow.
2. Keep track of improvements, positive changes, successes, growth and accomplishments.
3. Don’t compare yourself to other people. The only person you’re competing against is yourself. Also, we have an unhelpful tendency to compare our struggles with other peoples’ successes and high points.
4. Work on your posture and your fitness levels as they affect our appearance, and how we feel about ourselves.
5. Don’t just hang out with people you are comfortable with. Also, gravitate towards those who are new or different.
6. We’re influenced by those that we spend time with. So, make friends with people who seem warm and confident.
7. Be a true friend to yourself – and shut off the commentary that is negative, attacking and lacking in compassion.
8. Commit to practicing these different skills – as they’ll take root in time, and change the way you act and feel.