1. First, quieten your rational mind as it has a tendency to hush, distort or quash the intuition of your heart.
2. Practice mindfulness. This is grounding yourself in the present moment, and being aware of all the sights, sounds and sensations that are happening in the here-and-now.
3. Go with the flow. Don’t try to force your heart to speak to you. Instead, simply “be” and allow your heart to speak in its own time, and in its own way.
4. Get into the habit of paying attention to every nudge and whisper from your intuition. We are taught to silence those inner tugs and pulls – so begin to notice, and to listen to, them.
5. Trust and act upon your intuition. It’s important to treat those inner messages as valid, and then follow your instincts – and notice where they lead you.
You’ll find that life is more rewarding if you listen to your heart – as well as listening to your rational mind.