There are six basic love styles—also known as “colours” of love—that people use in their interpersonal relationships:
1. Eros – a passionate physical and emotional love based on aesthetic enjoyment; stereotype of romantic love.
2. Ludus – a love that is played as a game or sport; conquest; may have multiple partners at once.
3. Storge/ Philia– an affectionate love that slowly develops from friendship, based on similarity.
4. Pragma – love that is driven by the head, not the heart; undemonstrative.
5. Mania – obsessive love; experience great emotional highs and lows; very possessive and often jealous lovers.
6. Agape – selfless altruistic love.