1. Women are more complex than men. This is based on research printed in Los Angeles Times. The reason? Men have both an X and a Y chromosome – but genetic instructions are only found on the X chromosome. Therefore, women receive twice the amount of genetic instructions as men do – and that makes them more complex than men.
2. Women have a more sophisticated sense of humour than men. This is based on research by Stanford University. When researchers presented both sexes with cartoons (while conducting an MRI on their brain) they found men’s brains were less active than women’s. They also started laughing before women as they expected the cartoons to be funny. In contrast, the women evaluated the cartoons before deciding whether to laugh or not.
3. Men are faster than women. However, research cited in Nature confirms that the time difference between men’s and women’s speed in a 100-meter race has been decreasing over time.
4. Women spend a larger percentage of their life looking in mirrors than men (2 years compared to 6 months). The number of times they look in a mirror is approximately the same. However, women gaze for longer periods of time than men.
5. Women use about 3.5 times as many words in a day as men do (7,000 compared to 2,500).
6. Women drivers pollute the environment less than men. That’s because they stop to ask for directions whereas men burn up lots of extra miles on gas - whilst they’re proving “they can find it on their own.”
7. Neuroscientists at University College London have shown that women are more empathic than men. They scanned women’s brains while they watched other women receiving electric shocks. The subjects’ brains showed significant activity in the emotional and sensory areas. When the experiment was repeated with men, there was little or no activity in the sensory area.
8. Women are better listeners than men. According to Horizon.com, this is because women’s brains have more frequencies than men’s. Therefore they must work harder to analyse sounds, and the meanings behind the sounds.
For more information see: http://www.bestfunfacts.com/human_gender_differences.html