If you want to really live, and not just exist, then try and work on the following:
1. Love other people in a selfless way. Even though you may get hurt, or you may suffer disappointment, overall you’ll gain more than you ever stand to lose.
2. Learn to notice and appreciate Nature - and spend more time outdoors as it’s good for your health.
3. Take chances. Although it’s clearly stupid to throw caution to the wind, we thrive and grow most when we seek to stretch ourselves. So take a risk, branch out, and try some new experiences.
4. Find your passion. Althought it’s good to experiment and to try different things, we also need to discover what our true passon is …and then invest ourselves and our time in that.
5. Sort out what’s important from a low priority … then eliminate time wasters, and focus on essentials.
6. Deal with the scar tissue that’s stopping you from living. You don’t have to live in fear of being hurt again. Arrange to see a counsellor – and get the help you need.
7. Laugh more and often as it’s good for your health, it oils relationships, and helps you gain perspective.
8. Eat more chocolate (although limit your intake). Indulging in some chocloate will help to boost your mood. Also, too much self-control can slowly drain your energy.