You can determine what personality type you have by monitoring your reactions to situations. How do you normally handle difficult situations?Are you easily angered? Do you suppress your feelings, rather than talk about them? One theory suggests two main types of personalities: Type A and Type B. These are summarised below.
Type A Personality
- A Type A personality person is very impatient and rushed.
- They often do multi-tasking, are very competitive, talk at a fast speed, and sometimes raise their voice in normal conversations as they try to control or intimidate others.
- They tend to have an attitude of trying to dominate others.
- Also, surprisingly, people with a Type A personality often have low self-esteem.
- Type A personality people often find themselves “stressed out”.
Type B Personality
- Type B personalities are the opposite of a Type A.
- If you were a Type B personality you would be described as being patient, laid-back, relaxed, easy-going, and you wouldn’t be rushed in your tasks, or when speaking.
- They are not really driven and enjoy living in the moment
- Type B personalities can drive Type A personalities crazy (because they have no sense of urgency and don’t tend to get uptight!)