1. Nerve impulses in the brain can travel at a speed of 170 miles per hour. Also information travels at different speeds in different types of neuron.
2, The brain generates approximately the same amount of energy as a 10watt light bulb (both when you’re awake and asleep).
3. The human brain is able to store more information than The National Archives of Britain (which contains over 900 years of history).
4. The brain makes up around 2% of body mass but uses 20% of the oxygen in the bloodstream.
5. The brain works harder during the night than during the day.
6. It isn’t possible to tickle yourself as the cerebellum warns other parts of the brain that you are about to tickle yourself. As a result, the brain ignores the sensation.
7. Those who like to ride on roller coasters have a greater risk of developing a blood clot in the brain.
8. Reading aloud to young children stimulates brain development.
9. If the brain releases too much dopamine it can result in the person being unable to experience pleasure.
10. Thinking of the person you’re passionately in love with, causes lights to go on all over the brain.