1. It means people have noticed you and you’re having an impact on their life.
2. It can help you to see things in a different way. That is, it broadens our perspective and the way we look at things.
3. It is open and honest - instead of fake or hidden - so at least you now know what the other person thinks!
4. It can help you to grow in some area of life - so you actually develop and improve because of it.
5. It teaches you about your defense mechanisms. That is, you learn how you tend to react to criticism, what you think about yourself, and how you deal with an attack.
6. It increases your resilience and perseverance - so you keep on going - despite what others say.