1. Try to clearly identify the exact cause of your anxiety. It’s easier to deal with our tendency to worry if we know what is bothering us.
2. Face your worries and anxieties head on. Imagine a worse case scenario and think about what you would do if that happened. In reality, it’s actually unlikely to happen – and grasping that should lessen your anxiety and fear.
3. Think through the different things that happened in your past. What has caused you to live in constant dread? Are you reliving fears that belong in the past, and are really unrelated to what’s happening right now?
4. Recognise that worrying won’t change the situation – so change your focus to thinking of solutions.
5. Try and take a few steps to increase your control so you don’t feel so powerless, overwhelmed and trapped.
6. Remind yourself of all your different strengths and gifts – as you’re competent and capable in many areas.