1. Plan your day before it begins so that you make good use of your time. Prioritise the things you have to do. Decide what you will do in the morning, afternoon and evening - and in what order.
2. Set a time limit for each activity and don’t let one task drag into the time slot allocated for something else.
3. Use a calendar or organiser to organise projects, assignments, homework etc. Know when your deadlines are, and mark them down in your calendar.
4. Learn to say no to distractions and requests from other people. Don’t let the good get in the way of the best.
5. Aim to be early for appointments and to finish projects ahead of time. That allows for unforeseen and unexpected obstacles or problems.
6. Focus on what you are doing. Don’t multitask. Research confirms that multitasking actually slows down production and leads to more errors.
7. Block out distractions. For example, switch your cell phone off, and close facebook and tumblr. If the task is important, work somewhere quiet where you won’t be found!
8. Don’t worry about unimportant details