1. Self-Assured - Confident people believe in themselves, and they believe that their life fulfills a special purpose in the world. They know their strengths and have accepted their weakness.
2. Ambitious - Confident people know what they want. They easily define their goals and strive to achieve them. This could be the most significant trait of confident person.
3. Sociable - They are adept at navigating various social situations with seeming ease. This ease is borne of the belief that they belong in any environment. Confident people know how to endear themselves to others and how to take compliments and criticisms gracefully.
4. Competitive - Confident people love competition, they love to test their mettle against the best efforts of others, because they believe they can win, even when they lose.
5. Risk Taking - They take risks because they are not afraid to lose, or to be wrong. While they are confident in their abilities, they also know instinctively that nobody wins them all, and that they will likely win out the next time.
6. Hard Working - Confident people know the best path to achieving their goals is through putting in hard effort, no matter how exhaustive or arduous. Hard-working people are confident, and confident people are hard-working. It’s a chicken-egg thing.
7. Determined - They also never give up on their goals, even when it sometimes seems impossible. They know that it is better to try and fail and try again than to give up and let doubt take over.
8. Accepting - Confident people are often the most accepting people, taking others as they come, no matter their shortcomings. They succeed at this because most confident people have recognized their own shortcomings and realize that the path forward is not about keeping other people down.
9. Shrewd - Often, awareness and cleverness breed confidence. Confident people are often good at quickly sizing up other people and figuring out social hierarchies and situations.
10. Positive - Confident people are, simply put, positive people. They know how to assuage doubts, conquer fears, and how to find every silver lining in a sky gone gray with storm clouds. They know that while failure is a part of everyday life, even in failure fresh starts are always possible.